Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Dana's mountain climb.







I am trying a new technique - I'm typing the narrative before I put in the pictures - we'll see! A couple of weeks ago, while I was doing therapy in Cahersiveen, Dana decided to take a mountain walk. It was called the loop, and he thought it might be hilly, but not bad. He told me he might be just a little late (in fact, he bought me a mystery to read in the car after therapy in case I had to wait a few minutes!!). Well, off he went, and according to him, the path just kept going up. He'd reach what looked like peaks, then keep going up. It was a foggy day and by the time he got to the top he was in the clouds! Then he started down, but somehow missed the path, so ended up descending through sheep herds, heather, and lots of rocks and holes. He's lucky he didn't break an ankle. And, he's lucky he was late enough that I had passed mad and gotten to worried!! I asked if he was glad he took his camera, since I'm sure it was kind of hard to carry on that sort of a non-trail and he said, oh yes, he wouldn't have had nearly as much fun without the camera. As you can see the pictures are great, so it was probably worth it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home